Monday, February 6, 2012

New sketches

As you can see in previous posts, I love color. I use it like crazy. But did you know my first few paintings in The Fury of Exponential Energy series had a very limited color palette? That's right. I went to the studio to draw that day back in 2009 or 10, and found all my materials (excluding the paper and brushes I brought) LOCKED AWAY IN THE STORAGE ROOM. It was the end of the world.

Of course, I panicked. I had no access to my paint, charcoal or ink. What a nightmare!!! I began to prowl around the classroom, sniffing for supplies. I was lucky to have found charcoal and white and reddish brown pastels hanging out in the dusty easels. I borrowed some yellow anything from a friend and finally began to draw. Thus, the series was born.

Why am I telling you this? Because it hit me the other day that I never go back to those limited colors/shades, and probably should. So I started some new sketch work for some new paintings! Luckily I have an abundance of paper, so I can make every one. Here are the sketches!






What do you think? Black and white or color? Should I stick to what everyone is used to, or go back to my roots? Let me know in the comments. Love ya!

All content is Copyright 2012 Lee Savage.

1 comment:

  1. the colors suit you more but i love this film noir vibe the black and white have.

    ReplyDelete